As the Premier league celebrates its 25th birthday, we thought it only right to re-live some of the best goals from the best league on the planet.
At PledgeSports, we’re huge football fans and have helped players, teams, and clubs raise huge amounts of money through sports crowdfunding.
Who Are PledgeSports?
So, sit back, relax, and reminisce in the best Premier League goals from the last 25 years, you beauty!
10. Wayne Rooney v Man City (2010/11)
What better way to kick off the best Premier League goals than with this strike from Manchester United and England’s record all-time goalscorer?
The 10 richest football clubs in the world
9. Thierry Henry v Man United (2000/01)
At his best, Henry was superior to any player in the league and struck fear into the heart of any defenders who faced him.
This iconic goal from the Frenchman will live in the minds of the Arsenal faithful forever.
8. Didier Drogba v Liverpool (2005/06)
Probably the Ivorian’s signature strike of all of his Premier League goals.
This famous volley oozed the class and quality that Drogba displayed throughout the entirety of his spell in West London.
The 10 most expensive transfers in footballing history
7. Wayne Rooney v Newcastle Utd (2004/05)
This is vintage Wayne Rooney and an absolute classic from the Premier League vaults.
His passion and unparalleled talent made him a true pleasure to watch during the noughties, and this goal is a testament to the player he was at his best.
6. Georgi Kinkladze v Southampton (1995/96)
Despite causing the rift that would lead to City’s ultimate relegation from the Premier league in ’96, Kinkladze would be the only silver lining of an incredibly bleak season for the Mancunians.
Although part of a sinking ship that year, the Georgian would depart England’s top flight with this absolute gift against Saints.
The 10 best premier league players ever
5. Matt Le Tissier v Newcastle (1993/94)
Easily one of the most naturally gifted players to ever grace the Premier League, this goal portrays everything that was great about Le Tiss – his craft, his skill, his eye for an exquisite goal.
One of the best Premier League goals scored by one the best players in the history of the championship.
4. Paolo Di Canio v Wimbledon (1999/00)
This is one of those classic goals that you used to spend hours trying to recreate in the back garden or on the schoolyard, but you never quite made it.
The Italian’s strike is one of those once in a blue moon goals that you can never begin to believe regardless how many times you watch it. The timing, technique, and precision are of the absolute highest degree.
3. Tony Yeboah v Liverpool (1995/96)
For the past 22 years, every single time a ball has broken loose outside the area, players and onlookers have thought “Yeboah!”, before seeing the oncoming player miserably scuff or sky their ambitious effort.
There are few things in life sweeter than seeing a crisply struck volley rattled in off the underside of the cross bar. Absolute music!
The richest sports teams in the world
2. Rod Wallace v Spurs (1993/94)
Once you get over the fact that this is not your favourite footballer of the Premier League era, you can appreciate the fact that Wallace’s solo effort is a thing of pure beauty and skill.
The full list of Premier League winners since 1992
Back in ’93 football was a different game, made more for target men and hatchet men than pacey dribblers. But, despite playing on turf to match the most mediocre of today’s Sunday league pitches, Rod Wallace single-handedly cut Spurs apart before having the composure to stick it top bins.
Just a great goal, through and through.
1. Dennis Bergkamp v Newcastle (2001/02)
Probably the coolest piece of magic the Iceman ever produced, this quick thinking pirouette and clinical finish epitomise everything the Dutchman was about.
Some will say he didn’t mean it, but anyone who has ever watch Bergkamp in action will know otherwise. Take a look at the video – keep a close eye on his movement throughout and you’ll realise that this was football in its finest art form.
A deserved top pick among the best Premier League goals ever.
The 5 best footballers of the 21st century
PledgeSports is the global leader in crowdfunding & sponsorship for sport.
Are you or someone you know raising money for sport in 2017? If so, get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.pledgesports.org and hit “Create A Campaign” to start raising money today!
For all the latest sports news follow PledgeSports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Top 4 top 10 premier league goals edit by Dream League Soccer Kits With Logo URL
Football: Ranking the Top 20 Premier League Goals of All-Time
- Author: bleacherreport.com
- Published: 03/12/2022
- Review: 4.7 (222 vote)
- Summary: 20. Johan Elmander (Bolton vs. · 19. Maynor Figueroa (Wigan vs. · 18. John Arne Riise (Liverpool vs. · 17. David Beckham (Manchester United vs. · 16. Frederic …
Top 10 goals in the Premier League 2021-22
- Author: khelnow.com
- Published: 05/20/2022
- Review: 4.51 (306 vote)
- Summary: Top 10 goals in the Premier League 2021-22 · 10. Cristiano Ronaldo vs Newcastle United · 9. Alexandre Lacazette vs Southampton · 8. Cristiano …
- Source: Cristiano Ronaldo scored two hattricks during the season and one of them came against Tottenham Hotspur on 12 March 2022. The first of his three goals was the pick of the bunch. He picked the ball up approximately 30-yards from goal and unleashed a …
Ranked! The 10 best Premier League goals EVER – FourFourTwo
- Author: fourfourtwo.com
- Published: 07/26/2022
- Review: 4.24 (258 vote)
- Summary: Ranked! The 10 best Premier League goals EVER · 9. Thierry Henry vs Manchester United (October 1, 2000) · 8. David Beckham vs Wimbledon (August 17 …
The Top 10 Premier League Soccer Goals of All Time
- Author: opengoaaalusa.com
- Published: 07/31/2022
- Review: 4.18 (529 vote)
- Summary: Here are the ten best goals in the history of the English Premier League. Dennis Bergkamp (Arsenal vs Newcastle, 2002). Officially declared as the best goal in …
- Source: In his short stint with Leeds United, Ghana striker Tony Yeboah certainly made a name for himself with this club. In his two years, he scored some incredible goal (that volley against Liverpool), but arguably the best one occurred against Wimbledon. …