Page last updated: 28 November 2022
A double gameweek is a vital part of Fantasy Premier League. It consists of teams having more than one fixture in a given Gameweek.
This isn’t to be confused with having multiple GWs in one week.
Sometimes there are midweek GWs. These do not constitute a double gameweek – only when at least one team has two fixtures within one GW.
Many managers will want to know when a DGW will first occur in FPL 2022/23. We try to shed some light on that below.
Naturally, DGWs present a great opportunity to garner more points. It’s also important to know when these double gameweeks are coming ahead of time so you can prepare your team accordingly.
The number of double gameweeks in a season depends on various factors.
It’s unlikely the 2022/23 Premier League season will have as many postponements as 2021/22 but it certainly can’t be ruled out.
Confirmed Double Gameweek
Any teams listed below will play twice in that gameweek.
- Fulham vs Chelsea
- Man City vs Tottenham
- Arsenal vs Man City
You can also find all confirmed DGW fixtures on our Fantasy Premier League fixture difficulty matrix page.
Potential Double Gameweek
Due to fixture schedules it can often be determined ahead of time where double gameweeks will fall.
Read More: FREE FPL Points Predictor Tool – Point Projections Updated Every GW
When this information becomes apparent for the 2022/23 season we will share potential (but not confirmed) double gameweeks here.
Given the current 2022/23 fixture schedule we can expect double gameweeks in the following:
Meanwhile, blank gameweeks will fall in some degree on:
Current Postponed Unscheduled Fixtures
- GW7: Arsenal vs Everton
- GW7: Bournemouth vs Brighton
- GW7: Crystal Palace vs Man Utd
- GW7: Fulham vs Chelsea – rearranged for GW19
- GW7: Leeds vs Nottingham Forest
- GW7: Leicester vs Aston Villa
- GW7: Liverpool vs Wolves
- GW7: Man City vs Tottenham – rearranged for GW20
- GW7: Southampton vs Brentford
- GW7: West Ham vs Newcastle
- GW8: Brighton vs Crystal Palace
- GW8: Chelsea vs Liverpool
- GW8: Man Utd vs Leeds
- GW12: Arsenal vs Man City – rearranged for GW23
All postponed fixtures will be posted here.
They will need to be scheduled at a future date which means they will be part of a double gameweek.
Teams With Most Postponed Fixtures
2 Fixtures Postponed
- Crystal Palace
- Man City
- Man Utd
1 Fixture Postponed
All other teams currently have one fixture postponed.
Double Gameweek History
There were a massive 10 double gameweeks in FPL 2021/22.
They were in GW22, GW23, GW26, GW28, GW29, GW31, GW33, GW34, GW36 and GW37.
There were 4 double gameweeks in Fantasy Premier League 2020/21.
These came in GW19, GW24, GW26 and GW35.
FPL managers love a double gameweek but a triple gameweek really generates some excitement. Unsurprisingly they are a rare occurrence.
For example, Man Utd had a triple gameweek in the 2020/21 season. They faced Aston Villa (a), Leicester (H), and Liverpool (H).
Read More: Predicted Lineups for Every Premier League Fixture
However, these fixtures were played across a period of 5 days which meant their lineup was rotated. They ended up beating Aston Villa but losing to both Leicester and Liverpool. They fielded a somewhat weakened side for the Leicester match.
This means that while a triple gameweek is undoubtedly a high-point scoring opportunity, you should take into account the likeliness of player rotation and/or fatigue.
Top 5 are there any double gameweeks in fantasy premier league edit by Dream League Soccer Kits With Logo URL
Fantasy Premier League: Blank / Double Gameweeks and Chips
- Author: fantasyfootballscout.co.uk
- Published: 07/20/2022
- Review: 4.84 (937 vote)
- Summary: As a result, they will take part in a Double Gameweek whenever this outstanding fixture is handed a new date shortly after another. This presents an opportunity …
Ten teams given FPL Double Gameweek 32
- Author: premierleague.com
- Published: 05/01/2022
- Review: 4.74 (267 vote)
- Summary: Fixtures postponed due to the FA Cup and EFL Cup final have been rescheduled for 2 and 3 April, which means 10 teams will now have two matches in Gameweek 32.
When is next Double Gameweek in FPL?
- Author: fantasyfootballreports.com
- Published: 03/04/2022
- Review: 4.31 (552 vote)
- Summary: Some double gameweeks for Fantasy Premier League 2022/23 season were announced! So, let’s take a closer look at when is next double gameweek …
Fantasy Premier League on Twitter: “No Double Gameweek yet, but
- Author: twitter.com
- Published: 03/23/2022
- Review: 4.08 (500 vote)
- Summary: No Double Gameweek yet, but a LOT of football before Christmas GW12: 11-13 December GW13: 15-17 December GW14: 19-21 December #FPL. Quote Tweet.
Amity Staging Branch Fantasy Premier League blank and double gameweek guide 2022/23
- Author: fantasyfootballhub.co.uk
- Published: 03/22/2022
- Review: 3.87 (443 vote)
- Summary: A double gameweek is by far the most fun and anticipated time of year for any FPL manager. It’s also arguably the most important period, …